This is a straight forward review for anyone who wants clean water at an affordable rate, with easy installation, and peace of mind.
Why the Big Berkey Water Filtration System is So Effective…
Well, first off, why is it so important to have clean water?
For my wife and I we live in a city with the #1 worst water in the entire United States!
So, obtaining clean water is extremely important to us. We circled around many different options. From under the counter systems ranging from Aquasana $120 – to – Commercial grade systems like Aquaphor for over $600. So our Journey Began…
Organic Food is in Craze, but have we considered clean water for our health?
Over the past decade there has been an enormous push towards Organic Food. But we often forget to consider that 60% of our body is made of water. What is in our water?…
My Local Water has the Following:
- 39 Harmful chemicals detected above the “safe for consumption level” including: radium, lead, bezene and carbon tetracholride!
- 201 other chemicals with no mandatory safety limitations
- Volatile organic compounds
- Bacteria, Viruses, and pharmaceutical drug compounds
What are People saying about the Big Berkey Water Filter?
One User Says:
She was traveling all around the world with different health organizations. They were using the Berkey Water Filtration System and the water was clean and delicious everywhere they went. As soon as this person returned home from her travel over seas she purchased a Berkey System and she loves it
Another User Says:
We live in a city with very contaminated water, but having just graduated from college we needed a rock solid solution for clean water in our home that would not cost an arm and a leg. The Berkey System fit our needs and as lived up to its reputation.
What Does the Big Berkey Water System Remove?
The Berkey System strict testing and has proven that it is the premier water filtration system by removing:
- 99.9% of Heavy Metals such as Aluminum, Antimony, Arsenic, Beryllium, Bismuth, Cadmium, Chromium, Copper, Iron, Lead, Manganese, Mercury, Nickel, Selenium, and Zinc.
- 99.9% Pesticide Contaminants: DDD, DDE, DDT, Alachlor, Aldrin, Alpha-BHC, Ametryn, Atraton, Atrazine, Beta-BHC, Bromacil, Carbofuran, Chlordane, Chlorneb, Dieldrin, Dipenamid, Disulfoton, Endosulfan Sulfate, Endrine, Endosulfane I & II, Fluoridone, Heptachlor, Methoxychlor, Molinate, Simazine, Toxaphene, and many more to list…
- 99.9% of Semivolatile Contaminants: Acenaphthylene, Benzo[b,k,a,g,h,&i]fluoranthene, Carboxin, Diethylphthalate, Fluorene, Hexazinone, Isophorone, Merphos,
Methyl Paraoxon, Norflurazon, Triademefon, Tricyclazole, and Trifluralin
to name just a few.
- 99.9 % of Disinfectant and Inorganic Non-Metallic Contaminants: Chloramines, Free Chlorine, Chloride, and Fluoride.
- 99.9 % Pharmecutical Drug Contaminants: Acetaminofen, Carbamazepine, Ciprofloxacin, Erythromycin,
Sulfamethoxazole, Trimethoprim, Primidone, Progestrone, Gemfibrozil,
Ibuprofen, Naproxen Sodium, and Triclosan.
- 99.9% of Petroleum Contaminants: Gasoline, Diesel, Crude Oil, Kerosene, Mineral Spirits, and Refined Oil.
- 99.9% of Micro-Organisms: Total Coliform and Fecal Coliform (let’s shoot straight, that is Poop), and E. Coli.
I Don’t know about you, but these test results GREATY relieved me!
The Big Berkey System is Easy to Install!
Ease of use was also a huge factor for my wife and I. My wife is a nurse and I have a masters degree in design…we are pretty street/book smart… But, have you ever seen one of those under the counter systems? It is a Science project, turned plumber, turned flooded HOME!
Doesn’t Require the Setup Hassle of Under the Counter Systems
I received my Big Berkey Water System and headed straight for the Kitchen sink…
In 30 minutes flat I had my Big Berkey Water System setup with the filters primed!
My wife and I are always on the go! She works full time as a nurse and is currently pursuing higher education. I work full time as a designer and also have a handful of freelance clients to keep me extra busy. The Big Berkey Water Filter is the way to go ===>
Affordable Solution for Extremely Clean Water
What Big Berkey Water System will Fit Your Needs
This is a great system if you and one other person are only looking to only drink water from your Berkey. I do NOT recommend this system if you would like to cook with your pure, clean, delicious Berkey water.
- 1-2 People
- Storage Capacity: 1.5 Gallons
- Height: 19 inches
- Diameter: 7.5 Inches
- Weight: 8 Pounds (Empty)
- Unit can purify 1 gallons of water per hour with fluoride filters attached.
This is the system that we own. It is fantastic! I am diligent to fill up the Berkey each night before I go to sleep and we have pure clean water to drink and cook all day long. I will occasionally give the Big Berkey a mid-day top off if we have extra guest with us.
Which by the way, our guest always rave about how GOOD our water is!
- 1-4 People (1 – 4 is Berkey’s claim, but if you’re cooking a lot and having guest over this is great for two people on the day-to-day)
- Storage Capacity: 2.1 Gallons
- Height: 21 Inches
- Diameter: 8.5 Inches
- Weight: 9.5 Pounds (Empty)
- Unit can purify 1.5 gallons of water per hour with fluoride filters attached.
This system hold even more water! Great for drinking, cooking, and entertaining multiple guests! But perhaps you just don’t want to have to worry about refilling your Berkey system all the time. If that is the case. Go with the Royal Berkey System.
- 2-6 People (or 2 people wanting to kick back and not refill as often!)
- Storage Capacity: 3.5 Gallons
- Height: 24 Inches
- Diameter: 9.5 Inches
- Weight 11 Pounds
- Unit can purify 2.5 gallons of water per hour with fluoride filters attached.
This system holds the mother load of the Berkey line-up! Great for drinking, cooking, or even have an entire office party at your house! Or, you really, really, really like the convenience of filling your Berkey once every few days.
- 6-10 People (or 2 people wanting to refill once a week…)
- Storage Capacity: 6 Gallons!
- Height: 30 Inches
- Diameter: 11 Inches
- Weight 12 Pounds
- Unit can purify 3 gallons of water per hour with fluoride filters attached.
Big Berkey Facts and Questions (FAQ):
Q: Where to Buy?
Q: Pharmaceutical Companies have been dumping left over chemicals into our water system. Will the Berkey System filter out these Chemicals?
A: There are WAY to many pharmaceuticals being produced to know if the Berkey will filter out EVERY single one. but The Berkey Water Filtration System has been tested extensively on many varieties of chemicals and has filtered out 99.9% of contaminants leaving you with fresh clean drinking water. This is more filtration than any system available on the market.
Q: Is the Berkey water system the healthiest type of filtration to use?
A: For many years Health Experts were recommending reverse osmosis and distilled water for the best drinking water. This is no longer the case. They are now reccomending the Berkey Water System. Why? Because the Berkey water system does not remove important and essential minerals.